In this post I will show you how I make extra width in the No. 7 Vanløse Pants I showed you in this post. When sewing them, the first you have to do is to sew the pleat. For the rest you can just follow the instructions here.
1. Work only with the front piece.
- At hemline divide the measurement by two
- By the divided point draw a line with a right angel to the bottom
2. Divide the front piece in two
- Cut in the line
- By the waist ad 10 cm in width
3. Finish the pattern piece
- Draw the pleat in the waistline. Do it by marking 17 cm down in the cutline
- Draw the grainline in a right angel to the center of the bottom-line. You van not use the old grainline.
4. For belt loops and belt
- Make 6 loops and a belt with a finish measurement of 4 cm X (waist X2)