I don't think I have shoved you this dress yet. I made it last year for Christmas. The combination of this dress is No. 6 KØBENHAVN and the free sewing pattern No. 00 DANMARK for the bodice.
If you want to make your own, I have made a guide right here.
You can get the No. 00 DANMARK pattern here
And the No. 6 København Here
For the top, I have used the version 3 from the free pattern. It was in the mail no. 4 you received when you signed up for the newsletter. For the bottom, I have used the skirt from No. 6 København.
The pattern pieces fit on top of each other, but to get the darts aligned on the back, you have to move the dart on the back piece. See how here.
It is important to choose a fabric that has a nice soft drape. For this dress, I have chosen a light wool. Viscose will also work well with drapey styles. The same goes for silks, microfibers, rayon, and cupro.
You will need:
- Fabric 110 cm wide
- Size 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 3.3 mtr.
- Fabric 140 cm wide
- Size 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 2.2 mtr.
- Size 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2.9 mtr.
- 1 invisible zipper 40 cm long
- 50 cm interfacing (that works with your fabric)
- 1 big button or brooch decorating the neckline.
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly. Se fitting here and here
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the
version you’ve chosen.
- Begin by cutting all your pieces according to the cutting layout plan.
- Press interfacing to all facing pieces. C, E F(no.6), G and H.
- Finish all side seam, CB seam, shoulder seams and the neck seam on front pieces.
- Sew from point 3 to 12, see here.
- Sew right side seam together.
- Sew from point 14 to 18, see here.
Sew the skirt:
- Sew from point 5 to 16, see here.
Join the dress:
- Sew from point 26 to 29, see here.
- Place the button or a brooch at the neckline. I placed mine while wearing the dress. I found it to be the easiest way to get the best result.