Place pins where there is too much fabric.
Mark your pins, with a pen, and draw lines on the sample with a ruler. This way is the easiest way to see how much fabric should be removed from the pattern.
1. Only work with the lower part of the back piece.
- Transfer all the lines from the sample to the paper pattern. This is done by measuring on the sample and then marking the lines on the pattern. The new lines are indicated with red, like illustrated below.
- Now cut the red lines.
- The small part that has been cut out is not used any longer.
2. The two parts have to be put together.
- Tape the 2 pattern pieces together; they have to fit in the side seam.
- One part will be longer than the other.
- Tape a piece of paper underneath, and draw a line from the upperpart and down to the bottom line, like illustrated below.