Sewing instructions No. 00 DANMARK
Find your size:
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. I have made this in a cotton.
You will need:
- Fabric 110 cm wide
- Size 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 1.65 mtr.
- Fabric 140 cm wide
- Size 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,25 mtr.
- Size 34-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1.65 mtr.
- Thread20 cm
- interfacing (that works with your fabric)
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the
version you’ve chosen.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Begin by cutting all your pieces according to the cutting layout plan.
2. Press interfacing to all facing pieces.
NB! For the best finish, sew before overlocking.
Sew the facings
3. Sew the facing shoulder seams, right sides together.
4. Fold the sleeve flounce (pattern piece G) on the long side. Sew the ends together, right sides together. Turn and press.
Sew the blouse
5. Sew the darts on the back piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press them towards centre-back.
6. Sew the darts on the front piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press the waist darts towards centre-back and the bust darts upwards.
NB! Overlock or zigzag the seam allowances of each piece separately.
7. Finish the seam allowances of the neck facing on the long edge.
8. Finish the seam allowances of the back and front side-seam and shoulder seams
9. Sew the front piece to the back pieces in both shoulder seams and side seams, right sides together.
10. Press all seams open.
Join all pieces
11. Place the neckline facing on the neckline, right sides together, and sew along the neckline.
12. Understitch all facings to keep them in place. Clip notches to the seam allowances.
13. Turn and press the facing in place. Stitch the facing to the seam allowances.
14. Gather the sleeve flounce to fit the armscye.
15. Sew the sleeve flounce to the armscye right sides together. The flounce is open under the arm.
16. Finish the seam allowances of the armscye.