Sewing instructions No.00 DANMARK
Find your size:
on the picture you see a size 40/12/8. Compare your measurement to the size chart on your pattern sheet. The blouse is styled with the trousers from No. 7 Vanløse
It is important to choose a fabric that has a nice soft drape. For this blouse I have chosen a viscose velvet. Viscose will generally work well for drapey styles. The same goes for silks, microfibers, rayon and cupro.
You will need:
- Fabric 110 cm wide
- Size 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 1.7 mtr.
- Fabric 140 cm wide
- Size 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 1.6 mtr.
- 30 cm interfacing (that works with your fabric)
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the
version you’ve chosen.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Begin by cutting all your pieces according to the cutting layout plan.
2. Press interfacing to all facing pieces.
NB! For the best finish, sew before overlocking.
Sew the facings
3. Sew the arm facings in pair. Sew side seams and shoulder seams right sides together.
4. Press all seams open.
Sew the blouse
5. Sew the darts on the back piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press them towards centre-back.
6. Sew the darts on the front piece according to the markings on the pattern piece. Press the waist darts towards centre-back.
NB! Overlock or zigzag the seam allowances of each piece separately.
7. Finish the seam allowances of the neck facing and arm facing on the long edge.
8. Finish the seam allowances of the back and front side seam and shoulder seams.
9. Finish the seam allowances of the front neckline.
Join all pieces
10. Place the neckline facing on the neckline, right sides together, and sew along the neckline.
11. Understitch the neckline facing and clip notches to the seam allowance.
12. Sew the front to the back piece in the shoulder line and fold.
13. Sew the side seams.
14. Press all seam open.
15. Place the left and right arm facing in the armscyes, right sides together, and sew along the armscyes.
16. Understitch all facings to keep them in place.
17. Clip notches to the seam allowances. Turn and press the facing in place.