Sewing instructions No. 6 KØBENHAVN
Find your size:
Compare your measurement to the size chart. If you are two different sizes on top and bottom, trace the two sizes, and make an alteration in the waistline. You can find the alterations guide in the online sewing directions*
Choosing the fabric:
This version is made of a cotton fabric, but any type of fabric can be used, from cotton to silk.
You will need:
- Fabric width 140 cm
- EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 1,75 Mtr.
- Fabric width 110 cm
- EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2,5 Mtr.
- Lining 50 cm.
- 1 Invisible zipper. 35 cm.
- 20 cm interfacing (Fusing)
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished dress will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide here
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters on your pattern, then you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the version you’ve chosen.
NB! Also cut lining with pattern piece C & D
NB! Also cut interfacing with pattern piece H, F & G
NOTE! All pattern parts are incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam allowance, unless anything else is noted.
1. Cut out all pieces in fabric, lining and interfacing
2. Press interfacing on pieces H, F & G.
3. Overlock/zig-zag all side seams and CB seam of the skirt part separately.
4. Overlock/zig-zag all edges on hem facing and small slit part H,G,F.
Sew the skirt
5. Sew the darts on the back, right sides together. press towards CB.
6. Sew CB seam, right sides together. Sew from lower notch up to 5 cm before upper notch.
7. On front, fold all pleats in the direction of the arrows. They are open towards the sides. Machine baste over the pleats to keep them in place.
8. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press seams open.
9. Sew the side seams on hem facing, right sides together. Press seams open.
10. Sew the vent part on the hem facing, right sides together
11. Sew the two vent parts together from notch to the top, right sides together. Press seams open.
12. Sew the hem facing onto the skirt, right sides together. Sew all the way around from CB to CB. Do not sew the slit yet.
13. Understitch the hem facing and clip notches to the seam allowances
14. Press the seam.
15. With right sides together sew the vent from bottom and up, to where the CB seam ends. Do it on both sides
16. Turn hem facing inside the skirt and press nicely.
17. Hem the skirt , with a top stitch or a catch stitch
NB! Now you have a skirt
Sew the bodice
18. Fold the two pleats on each of the two front pieces. First fold the lower pleat upwards and then fold the top pleat downwards.
19. Place the two front pieces, right sides together. Place the pleats precisely on top of each other. Sew the CF seam.
20. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Repeat on the lining, and press all seams open
21. With right sides together sew the straps along the long side. The straps are open in both ends.
22. Turn the straps ans close the square ends with a hand stitch.
23. Place the straps according to the notches on the bodice and sew to keep in place.
24. Sew the neckline, by placing lining on top of fabric, right sides together.
25. Understitch the lining and clip notches to the seam allowances.
26. Press the neckline.
30. Now you are ready to sew in the invisible zipper at CB. Stop the zipper at the notch.
31. Fold the ends of the zipper down and hide them in the seam allowance. Attatch with a hand stitch.