Sewing Instructions No. 7 VANLØSE
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 40/12/8. Determine your size by measuring your chest and waist and compare the measurement to the chart on your pattern.
Choosing the fabric:
You can use many different kind of fabric for this version. The one on the picture is made from a lightweight wool. Similar kinds of fabric like wool/viscose, silk and soft cotton can also be used.
You will need:
- Fabric width 140 cm
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,3 Mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1,5 Mtr.
- Fabric width 110 cm
- EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1,6 Mtr.
- EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2 Mtr.
- 1 button
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly. Find fitting guide for most used fittings here.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you’ve chosen.
NB! Pattern piece A is cut on bias.
Also cut interfacing with pattern piece E.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
1. Cut all pieces in fabric and interfacing.
2. Press the interfacing to piece E
3. Sew together the waistline on front, right sides together.
4. Sew together the waistline on back, right sides together.
5. Finish the raw edge of the waistline at front and back and press the seam allowance upwards.
6. Finish side seams, shoulder and neckline at front,
7. Fold the pleats on front, with right sides facing each other. Sew down the pleats according the marks on the pattern.
8. With right sides together, sew the neck facing to the back piece.
9. Understitch the neck facing.
10. Sew back seam, right sides together. Stop seam at notch.
11. On the front, fold the neckline down, do not press.
12. Sew the shoulder seam, right sides together. Fold the neck facing around the shoulder seam and sew facing on to the shoulder seam.
13. Sew the side seams, right sides together, stop at notch.
14. Finish the edge on the hem and hem the blouse (2 cm seam allowance is added on the pattern)
15. With right sides together sew the neck facing to the CB seam and turn.
16. Hem sleeves and back slit (1 cm seam allowance is added on the pattern)
17. Sew in a small button for closing, and make a hand knitted loop.