Sewing instructions No.8 Svaneke
Find your size:
The picture shows a size 38/10/6. Determine your size by measuring your chest and waist and compare the measurement to the size chart on your pattern.
Choosing the fabric:
You can use any kind of woven fabric for this pattern. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose, though. This version are are not suitable for jersey fabrics.
You will need:
- Fabric 140 cm wide
o Size 34-48 1 m Fabric
- 110 cm wide
o Size 34-48 1.4 m
- 1 zipper 15-20 cm long.
- 20 cm interfacing
I recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished garment will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide here.
Each pattern piece is marked with a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you’ll find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you’ve chosen.
NB! Add 1 cm at CB to pattern piece B. Also cut interfacing with pieces E & F.
NB! The pattern has 1 cm seam allowances included, unless otherwise noted.
NOTE! To make the finish even better, you can finish all seams inside with bias tape
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing
2. Press the interfacing to the facing pieces.
Sew the blouse
3. Sew the darts on the front piece and the back piece. Press the bust darts upwards and the shoulder darts towards CB
4. Finish the seam allowances of the shoulder seams, side seams and sleeve seams.
5. Sew the sleeve seam, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
6. Finish the hem allowance of the sleeves and hem the sleeves with a 2 cm hem.
7. Sew the zipper to the CB and sew the CB seam. Press the seam allowances open.
8. Sew the side seams, right sides together and press the seam allowances open.
9. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together, of both blouse and facing, press the seam allowances open.
10. Sew the facing to the neckline, right sides together.
11. Understitch the facing and clip notches to the seam allowances
12. Hand stitch the facing to the zipper.
13. Set in the sleeves. Note that the sleeves have a front and back and that the sleeve cap has ease.