If you want to make a hem facing on your coat or jacket see the guides here. I use the CF (c) piece as front facing on version 2 and 3. Therefore, you need to make hem facing on pattern piece A-B-D.
- Draw the width of the facing on to the bottom on the pattern pieces. The red line. I make the hem facing 5 cm wide. Then I also have for seam allowance
- Trace the hem facings on to a new pieces of paper.
- Cut away the seam allowance where it is shown on the illustration.
- The two pattern pieces where the seam allowance has been cut away, you need to tape together
- Now you have two hem facing pattern pieces. One that fits the side-front and one that fits the full back piece