HOW TO SEW A SLEEVE WITH EASE
- Sew two machine baste stitches on your sleeve where you want your ease to be. Place the first stitch 0.5 cm from the edge and the second stitch 1.5 cm from edge. Leave long threads from both stitches
- Pull in the long ends and ease the sleeve. Place the ease even on the sleeve where the ease is needed.
Sew in the sleeve
- Place the sleeve into the armscye, right sides together. Remember to use your notches and pin the sleeve and armscye together
- Sew in the sleeve; be very careful not to get any tucks in the seam. Sew slowly and if necessary lift your foot once in a while (with your needle placed in the fabric) to control your fabric.
- Remove the baste stitch placed 1,5 cm from raw edge
- Now you are ready to sew in sleeve head and shoulder pads