SHIRT WITH FRILL
from the photo shoot with The red dotted outfit
Pia Storm has a frill detail on the placket. Here I will show how you make it.
You follow the sewing instructions to point 9. Do the following and then continue with the rest of the sewing instruction.
- You need to make an extra pattern piece for the frill
- Make a pattern piece with the measurement 70 cm X 7 cm
- Cut out 4 pieces of this pattern piece. I have used two different kind of fabric to give a more layered effect; the top layer is a chiffon. But you can also use the same fabric for all pieces
2. Time to sew.
- Hem all frill parts, on one of the long sides. Use this technique.
- Take two of the frill pieces (chiffon) and cut 1 cm off the long raw edge
- Place the narrow part on top off the wide part and gather the frill so it will fit the bodice front edge.
- Place one frill piece on each side of the front piece and sew.