SWAYBACK ON A PATTERN PIECE WITH NO DARTS
Place pins where there is too much fabric.
Mark your pins, with a pen, and draw lines on the sample with a ruler. This way is the easiest way to see how much fabric should be removed from the pattern.
1. Work with the back piece.
- Transfer all the lines from the sample to the paper pattern. This is done by measuring on the sample and then marking the lines on the pattern. The new lines are indicated with red, like illustrated below.
- Now cut the red lines.
- The small part that has been cut out is not used any longer.
2. The two parts have to be put together.
- Tape the 2 pattern pieces together.
- Draw a new grainline, perpendicular to the bottom line