You will need:
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.6 m
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48UK 6-20/US 2-16 1.6 m
Zipper 30 cm
Lining 60 cm all sizes
3 mtr. lace for making a fancy hemline
No. 1 Dragør - Version 1
Full skirt dress with box pleat The bodice has a waist yoke, gatherings under the bust and a portrait neckline.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! The Pattern Has 1 Cm Seam Allowances Included, Unless Otherwise Noted.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and lining
Sew The Bodice
2. Gather in between the notches on the top part (A). The top needs to fit to the waist piece according to the notches. Gatherings are made on both fabric and lining separately.
3. Sew the top to the waste piece, right sides together. Do this separately on both fabric and lining.
4. Sew the lining to the fabric in the neckline, right sides together.
5. Sew the darts on the back, on both fabric and lining separately.
6. Sew the lining to the fabric in the neckline, right sides together
7. Understitch the neckline on both front and back neckline. Cut notches to the seam allowance
8. Sew the armscye at front, by placing fabric and lining with right sides together
9. Sew the armscye at back, by placing fabric and lining with right sides together
10. Understitch the armscye. Stitch as far up as you can reach.
11. Cut notches to the seams
12. Press the neckline and armhole on both back and front.
13. Finish the edge of the shoulder and side seam.
14. Sew shoulder seam, right sides together. and make a hidden strap to fasten around your bra so the shoulder strap wont slip of your shoulder.
15. Sew the right side seam, right sides together, press seam open.
Sew The Skirt
16. Finish all sides separately.
17. Sew the front to the back and press seam open
18. Fold the pleats according to the notches and arrows on the pattern piece.
19. Sew bodice to the skirt in the waist, right sides together.
20. Finish the seam of the waistline. all layers together. Press seam upwards
NB! Now You Have A Dress With The Left Side Seam Open.
21. Now you are ready to sew in the zipper. The zipper starts 5 cm below the armhole.
22. Finish the raw edge of the hemline.
23. Make a hem of minimum 4 cm and make a top stitch to finish
24. Find inspiration on how to make your hem look classy right here.