You Will Need:
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-48/ UK 6-20/ US 2-16 3.1 m
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48/ UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.8 m
Zipper 40 cm
Lining 60 cm all sizes
3,0 mtr. lace for a fancy hemline
No. 1 Dragør - Version 2
Full skirt dress with box pleat The bodice has a waist yoke, gatherings under the bust and a Cowl neckline.
Medium to heavy weight woven fabric. Wool, Linen or heavy silk. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see, measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! The Pattern Has 1 Cm Seam Allowances Included, Unless Otherwise Noted.
1. Cut all the pieces in fabric and lining
Sew The Top
3. Gather in between the notches on the top piece (E). The top needs to fit to the waist piece according to the notches.
4. Sew the top piece to the waste pieces. Place the two waist pieces on each side of the top piece so the top piece is placed like a sandwiched in between the waist pieces.
5. Sew and turn the waist pieces. The seam allowance is now hidden between the layers.
6. Sew the darts on the back, on both fabric and lining separately.
7. Sew the lining to the fabric in the neckline, right sides together
8. Understitch the back neckline. Cut notches to the seamallowance
9. Sew the armscye at back, right sides together
10. Understitch the armscye. Stitch as far up as you can reach. Cut notches to the seam allowance
11. Press the neckline and armhole at back.
12. Finish the armhole edge at front.
13. At shoulder; fold the front piece of the shoulder seam around the back piece of the shoulder, right sides together. Now the back shoulder is sewn in sandwiched between the front piece.
14. Sew the right side seam, right sides together.
Sew The Skirt
15. Finish all sides separately.
16. Sew the front to the back and press seam open
17. Fold the pleats according to the notches and arrows on the pattern piece.
18. Sew bodice to the skirt in the waist, right sides together.
19. Finish the seam of the waistline. all layers together. Press seam upwards
NB! Now You Have A Dress With The Left Side Seam Open.
20. Now you are ready to sew in the zipper. The zipper starts 5 cm below the armhole.
21. Finish the raw edge of the hemline.
22. Make a hem of minimum 4 cm and make a top stitch to finish
23. Find inspiration on how to make a classy hemline right here.