You Will Need:
Fabric width 130/140 cm
EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 3.4 mtr.
EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 4.8 mtr. You will need 0.5 less if the fabric is without pattern.
1.1 mtr. interfacing.
No. 12 Aalborg - Version 1
Dress with a v-neck, bishop sleeves with cuffs, bust dart and four darts on the back. Ties around the waist.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! THE PATTERN HAS 1 CM SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing
2. Press the interfacing to the neck and front facing (D & E) one collar piece (l) and the cuffs (F)
Sew the bodice
3. Sew all four darts on the back piece, right sides together. Press towards CB.
4. Sew the darts on the front piece, right sides together. Press upwards.
5. Overlock the shoulder seams, all side seams and the sleeve seams.
6. Sew the left side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
7. Sew the right side seams, right sides together. Stop 3 cm before the waist. Press the seam allowances open.
8. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
9. Finish the opening in the right side with a topstitch.
12. Place the neck facing in the neckline on the bodice, with right sides together.
13. Understitch the neck facing and clip the seam allowance.
14. Press the facing and neckline.
15. Fold the waist tie on the middle, Right sides together, and sew.
16. Turn and press the waist tie nicely.
17. Fold the narrow end on the waist tie on the middle.
18. Place the folded end of the waist tie to the right side of the front edge. Fold the facing over the waist tie. Now the waist tie is placed in a sandwich between the facing and the frontpiece.
19. Sew the front edge through all layers.
20. Turn and press.
Sew the sleeves
21. Place the placket piece along the vent opening, right sides together. Sew the placket piece along the edge, stopping 1 cm after the opening in the sleeve. Make sure the needle is in the fabric. Lift the presserfood and clip up to 0,2 cm from the needle. Turn the fabric in the sewing machine and sew the other side of the vent.
22. Fold and press the vent piece around the seam allowance and sew it to the sleeve.
23. Sew the sleeves, right sides together.
24. Fold the side of the vent, which is on the front sleeve, onto the wrong side of the fabric. This will be your overlap.
25. Gather the hem of the sleeve.
26. Gather until the sleeve fits the cuff.
27. Place the right side of the cuff onto the wrong side of the sleeve. Sew the cuff to the sleeve
28. Fold the cuff and sew with right sides together.
29. Turn the cuff and press the seam allowance towards the inside the cuff and press.
30. Sew the cuff from the right side, by topstitching 0,2 cm from the folded edge
31. Pin the sleeve to the armscye. There are 2 cm of ease included, which means that the sleeve cap is two cm bigger than the armscye.
32. Set in the sleeve and finish the raw seam allowance.
Sew the bottom
33. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press seam open.
34. Hem the overlap with a narrow hem.
35. Hem the bottom with a narrow hem.
Assemble the dress
36. Place the bodice to the bottom in the waist, right sides together. Fold the overlap around the front of the bodice.
37. Sew the waistline and finish the raw edge.
38. Turn and press.
39. Sew two tie ribbons into the dress. One on the left side of the front edge and one to the waist in the right side seam.
40. Sew a buttonhole on the overlap of the cuff.