You will need:
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 2 m
EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2.5 m.
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 1.6 m
Interfacing 0.9 m
No. 17 Granada - Version 1
The shirt has a v-neck, sleeves with cuff facing with a box pleat to create more volume. The front piece is longer than the back piece and double breasted with two buttons.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! THE PATTERN HAS 1 CM SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. Cut all pieces from fabric and interfacing.
2. Press the interfacing to the cuff, the hem facing, the neck facing and the front facing. (E, F, D, and G)
Sew the bodice
3. Sew the darts on the back pieces, right sides together. Press them towards the side seam.
4. Sew the darts/pleats on the front pieces, right sides together. Press them away from each other.
5. Sew the neck facing to the front facing in the shoulder seams, right sides together.
6. Sew the hem facing to the front edge facing in the side seam, right sides together.
7. Overlock :
a. The facing along the raw edge on the inside. See the sketch.
b. The side seams on front and back.
c. The shoulder seam on front and back.
8. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together.
9. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press all seam allowances open.
10. Place the neck and hem facing on the right side of the bodice and sew them together along the edge.
Sew the sleeves:
16. Sew the cuffs from the top to the notch, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
a. The raw edges of the cuff
b. The long sides of the sleeve.
18. Fold the opening in the sleeve, right sides together and sew from 1 cm above the corner to the notch.
19. Fold the extra fabric like a box pleat and sew it like shown on the sketch.
20. Sew the sleeve together seam, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
21. Sew the cuff to the sleeve, right sides together. Do not catch the seam allowances of the vent in the seam.
22. Turn and press.
23. Top stitch the cuff all the way around, stitching right at the overlocked edge. It is easiest to sew from inside the sleeve.
24. Gather the sleeve between the notches, until it fits the notches in the armscye.
25. Sew the sleeves to the bodice.
26. Overlock the seam allowances of the armscye, all layers together. Press the seam allowances into the sleeve.
27. Place the buttons and sew the buttonholes. Sew in the buttons.