You will need:
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 2.2 m
EU 4 2-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 2.4 m
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 3.75 m
E U 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 4.2 m
Lining 50 cm.
1 zipper 30 cm.
Small piece of fusing.
No. 5 Århus - Version 3
Dress without a sleeve, a sweetheart neckline with gatherings on the straps.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! The Pattern Has 1 Cm Seam Allowances Included, Unless Otherwise Noted.
1. Cut all the pieces.
2. Cut 2 pieces of interfacing with the measurement 3 x 30 cm.
3. Press interfacing to the left side seam at the top, on the wrong side of the fabric, on both front and back piece. You do this to make it easier when sewing in the zipper.
4. Overlock all sides of the skirt separately.
Sew The Skirt
5. Sew the skirt together in the all long seams, right sides together. Sew according to notches.
6. Sew a front and back piece.
7. Sew front and back piece together in one side seam, right sides together.
8. Sew the other side seam together 20 cm from bottom and up, This will be your left side.
9. Hem the skirt with a narrow hem
NB! Now You Have A Skirt, It Is Time To Sew The Bodice.
Sew The Bodice
10. Sew the darts on the back, with right sides together.
11. Sew CF seam together, right sides together. Sew from the bottom and up to the second notch.
12. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together.
13. Repeat all steps for lining.
14. Sew the neckline; place main fabric and lining on top of each other, right sides together. And sew all way round.
15. Understitch the lining
16. With right sides together, sew the armcye.
17. Undersitich the lining in the armscye
18. Overlock/zig zag side seams of the bodice
19. Sew right side seam with right sides together.
20. Sew skirt and bodice together. Let it be open in the left side seam.
21. Overlock waste line.
22. Now you are ready to sew in the zipper. The zipper starts 4 cm below the armhole.
23. Sew the rest of the side seam.
24. Fold the 3 small straps along the long side, right side facing each other. Sew together, now it is a tube.
25. Turn the tubes and press nicely.
26. Overlock/zig zag the ends on the tubes.
27. Make a gather between the two notches on the front piece. Look on the pattern for the placement of the notches. Use a thread to make the gathering on each side of the seam.
28. Gather it to approx. 2.5 cm.
29. Sew one of the tubes right below the gathering, right sides together.
30. Fold the tube around the gathering and attach it on the backside.
31. Fold and sew the two other tubes around the shoulder strap.
32. Adjust the placement of the tubes, this it easiest done when having the dress on. When placed, attach them by hand.