You Will Need:
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.7 m
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2 m
Lining 75 cm.
1 Invisible zipper. 35 cm.
50 cm Interfacing
No. 6 København - Version 2
Dress with a high collar on front and a low cut back. The low back still hides the bra strap. The bodice has a princess cut and is fully lined.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester. Works well in fabrics with comfort stretch. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NOTE! All Pattern Parts Are Incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam Allowance, Unless Anything Else Is Noted.
1. Cut out all pieces in fabric, lining and interfacing, according to the cutting layout plan.
2. Press interfacing on pieces F, G, H & L.
3. Overlock/zig-zag all side seams and CB seam in the skirt part separately.
4. Overlock/zig-zag all edges on hem facing and small slit part H,G,F.
Sew The Skirt
5. Sew the darts on the back, right sides together. Press towards CB.
6. Sew CB seam, right sides together. Sew from lower notch up to 5 cm before upper notch.
7. On front, fold all pleats in the direction of the arrows. They are open towards the sides. Machine baste over the pleats to keep them in place.
8. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press seams open.
9. Sew the side seams on hem facing, right sides together. Press all seams open.
10. Sew the vent on the hem facing, right sides together
11. Sew the two vent parts together from notch to the top, right sides together. Press seams open.
12. Sew the hem facing onto the skirt, right sides together. Sew all the way around from CB to CB. Do not sew the slit yet.
13. Understitch the hem facing and clip notches to the seam allowances
14. Press the seam.
15. With right sides together sew the vent from bottom and up, to where the CB seam ends. Do it on both sides
16. Turn hem facing inside the skirt and press nicely.
20. Sew the darts on the back part, right sides together. Turn towards CB
21. With right sides together, sew CF piece and front-side piece together.
Tip: The easiest way to sew this seam is to start from the bottom and then turn the front-side piece when you sew. I never pin a seam that has two pattern pieces with different curves, you get a more even seam when you do not use pins.
22. With right sides together sew the shoulder seam.
23. Repeat for lining.
24. Place the backside of the collar (the one with the understitch) on the right side of the fabric, the collar end 1 cm before CB.
25. place the lining on top of the collar with right sides together and sew.
26. Understitch the lining and clip notches to the seam allowances, turn around and press the neckline nicely.
27. Sew the armscye, right sides together.
28. Understitch the lining in the armscye as far up you can get. Clip notches to the seam allowances, turn and press the armscye nicely.
29. Finish the edge of the CB seam.
30. Sew the side seam, right sides together.
31. Sew the bodice to the skirt with right sides together.
32. Finish the waste line seam with a bias tape or an overlock. Press seam allowance upwards.
33. Now you are ready to sew in the invisible zipper at CB. Stop the zipper at the notch.
34. Fold the ends of the zipper down and hide them in the seam allowance. Sew with a hand stitch.