You will need
Fabric width 110 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.5 m.
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.5 m
Invisible zipper 35 cm
Interfacing 30 cm
No. 7 Vanløse - An even higher waist
I love to put on high waisted trousers; I think they are classy and very flattering on most women. I like the way they hug where the natural waist is and the fact that I can hide my bum when I pick up my daughter or bend over. The Vanløse trousers have a high waist, but I have made a version with an even higher waist. I have removed the facing and replaced it with a shaped waistband instead.
I have made an extra pattern piece for the waistband, and you can print it here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
OBS! Klip også mønsterdel X & Y i vlieseline en gang.
Follow the sewing instructions to point 4.
Skip point 5.
Continue to point 11
13. Place the waistband at the waist of the trousers, right sides together, and sew it in place. Press the seam allowance into the waistband.
14. Sew in the invisible zipper
15. Place the two waistbands righte sides together and sew together at the top.
16. Understitch the waistband.
17. Fold the inside of the waistband back. The waistbands is now facing right sides together. Sew the ends by the zipper 0,5 cm from the raw edge.
18. Turn the waistband. Press and finish the waistband by stitching in the ditch from the right side of the skirt.