You Will Need:
Fabric 110 cm wide
Size 34-48 2 m
Fabric 140 cm wide
Size 34-48 1.25 m
5 buttons (diameter of 2 cm)
30 cm interfacing
No. 8 Svaneke - Version 1
Shirt with a peplum. The collar has a rounded shape. The front placket has seven buttons. The shirt ha bust darts, pleat in the waistline on both front and back.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement. See measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! THE PATTERN HAS 1 CM SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
NOTE! You Can Finish All Side, Shoulder And Sleeve Seams With A French Seam, If You Like A Better Finish On The Inside.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing
2. Press the interfacing to the collar (D) and the front edge (H)
Sew The Bodice
3. Sew the darts on the front piece and the back piece. All waist darts must be sewn as a square. See the sketch.
4. Press all darts towards CF and CB.
5. Finish the seam allowances of the shoulder seams, side seams and sleeve seams.
6. Sew the sleeve seam, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
7. Finish the hem allowance of the sleeves and hem the sleeves with a 2 cm hem.
8. Sew the shoulder seams and the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
9. Sew the collar pieces together, right sides together. Turn it to the right side and press.
Sew The Peplum
10. Sew the side seams, right sides together. Press the seam allowances open.
11. Hem the peplum, by folding first 0.5 cm, then another 0.5 cm.
12. Sew the peplum to the bodice, right sides together.
13. Finish the waist seam allowance by overlocking or with bias tape. Press the seam allowances down.
Sew The Blouse
14. Sew the front edges to the front pieces: Place right side of the front edge on the wrong side of the blouse. The bottom of the front edge must extend 1 cm past the hem. Stitch the front edge in place.
15. Fold the front edge in half, right sides together. Sew to the notch at the neckline. Cut to the stitching line.
16. Sew the bottom of the front edge, right sides together. Turn the front edge, fold in the seam allowance and press.
17. Sew the front edge in place along the folded edge by edgestitching 0.2 cm from the edge.
18. Sew the undercollar, with interfacing, to the neckline, right sides together. The collar ends at the centre of the front edge. Press the seam allowance into the collar.
19. Also fold the uppercollar seam allowance into the collar. Pin and press.
20. Stitch the collar in place by edgestitching 0.2 cm from the folded edge.
21. Set in the sleeves. Note that the sleeves have a front and back and that the sleeve cap has ease.
22. Finish the seam allowance by overlocking or with bias tape. Press the seam allowances into the sleeves.
23. Sew buttonholes to the right side and buttons to the left side of the blouse. See markings on the pattern for placement.