No. 8 Svaneke - Version 3
Full-width skirt. Make it with 4 gores for medium width or 6 gores and pleats for extra width.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement. See measurement chart here
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! THE PATTERN HAS 1 CM SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. Cut all your pieces in fabric and interfacing.
2. Press interfacing to the waistband.
3. Finish the seam allowances of the skirt pieces as well as one of the sides of the waistband using zigzag or overlocker.
4. Sew the skirt pieces together, right sides together, so you have one skirt piece. Press the seam allowances open. (for the one with 6 gore see here)
5. Gather the waist of the skirt so that it fits the waistband
6. Sew the waistband to the skirt, right sides together.
7. Sew the zipper to the skirt. The zipper must end at the notch in the waistband.
8. Fold the waistband around the zipper, so that the fabric is right sides together and stitch the fabric to the zipper.
9. Turn the fabric so that the zipper is placed in between the folded waistband.
10. Stitch in the ditch from the right side to close the waistband.
11. Hem the skirt