You will need
Fabric 110 cm wide
Size EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1.2 m.
Size EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1.5 m.
Fabric 140 cm wide
EU 34-40/UK 6-12/US 2-8 1 m.
EU 42-48/UK 14-20/US 10-16 1.2 m.
60 cm interfacing
Invisible zipper, 25 cm long
1 large button – max diameter 3 cm
No. 11 Malmø - Version 1
A fitted top with princess cut and a yoke on the front. The back has two darts, and the neckline has a square shape.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! The Pattern Has 1 Cm Seam Allowances Included, Unless Otherwise Noted.
1. Begin by cutting all your pieces according to the cutting layout plan.
2. Press interfacing to all facing pieces.
Sew The Facings:
3. Sew the facing shoulder seams.
4. Sew the side seams of both the neckline facing and the hem facing.
5. Sew the side-front seams of the hem facing, from the top to the notch.
6. press all seams open.
7. Sew the darts on the back piece and press them towards centre-back.
8. Join the yoke pieces, right sides together, at the curved part from notch to notch. Clip notches to the seam allowances, and turn and press.
NB! Overlock Or Zigzag The Seam Allowances Of Each Piece Separately.
9. Finish the seam allowances of the front piece and of the long side of the side-front pieces. Stop at the notch of the curved side.
10. Finish the seam allowances of the back piece sides.
11. Finish the seam allowances of the hem of the neck facing.
12. Finish the seam allowances of the yoke side seams.
Sew The Top
13. Sew the front piece to the side-front pieces.
14. Join the yoke and the front piece. Take care not to catch the design detail in the seam. Press the seam allowances upwards.
15. Sew the zipper to the left side seam.
16. Sew the remaining part of the left side seam and the entire right side seam. Press the seam allowances open.
17. Sew the shoulder seams, right sides together.
Sew The Facings To The Top
18. Place the neckline facing on the neckline, right sides together, and sew along the neckline.
19. Understitch to keep the facing in place.
20. Clip notches to the seam allowances. Turn and press the facing in place.
21. Sew the armscyes right sides together.
22. Understitch the facing seam allowance as far up as you can reach. Clip notches to the seam allowances. Turn and press the facing in place.Hand stitch the facing to the yoke seam allowance using a catch stitch.
23. Place the hem facing on the hem of the top, right sides together.
24. Begin sewing at the centre front piece, from where the vent begins, to where it ends at the other side. Du no include the seam allowance in the seam and make sure to begin the stitching exactly where the side-front seam ends.
25. Sew the rest of the hem using the same method.
26. Clip notches to the seam allowances. Turn and press the vents.
Sew The Decorative Button In Place
30. Finish by sewing the button in place. Do not sew a buttonhole. Just place the button on the top and sew it in place through both layers.