You Will Need:
Fabric width 140 cm
EU 34-48/UK 6-20/US 2-16 2.5 m
Pocket lining 0,4 m
Interfacing 1,1 m
1 button or 1 hook and eye.
Zipper 20 cm
No. 14 Madrid - Version 2
Wide-legged trousers with a pleat on the front, slanting pockets, high waist, and a waistband. They are closing in the CB with a zipper.
Light to medium weight woven fabric. Cotton, Silk, Wool, Viscose, Cupro, Linen or Polyester. Works well in fabrics with comfort stretch. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
We recommend that you always make a muslin before you cut the fashion fabric, to make sure your finished style will fit you perfectly. Find the fitting guide right here.
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! THE PATTERN HAS 1 CM SEAM ALLOWANCES INCLUDED UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
1. Cut all your pieces from fabric, pocket lining, and interfacing
2. Press the interfacing to the waistband (F)
3. Fold the front piece according to the notches, wrong sides together and press.
Sew pockets to the fronts:
4. Finish the seam allowances of the straight edge of the small pocket bag and the long curved edge of the pocket facing.
5. Place the pocket facing on the small pocket bag, wrong side to right side, and sew them together by stitching on the finished edge.
6. Place the small pocket bag on the front piece, right sides together. See video on how to sew the pocket.
7. Sew the pocket opening.
8. Understitch the pocket bag. Turn and press.
9. Place the large pocket bag on top of the small pocket bag, align the notch on the pocket facing with the pocket opening.
10. Sew the pocket bags.
11. Finish the pocket seam allowances using bias tape, or by overlocking the seam allwoances..
Sew the trousers:
12. Fold the pleat according to the notches and pin it in place.
13. Overlock the following pieces.
•The front crotch seam and the back crotch seam. It is important that you include the pocket back seam allowances in the overlock seam on the front piece.
• Side seams and inseams on both the front and the back piece
14. Sew the side seams, right sides together.
15. Sew the inseams, right sides together.
16. Turn and press.
17. Sew in the zipper
18. Place the waistband on the waist of the trousers, right sides together. The waistband extends by 1 cm at each end. Sew the waistband in place.
19. Turn and fold the waistband right sides together. Sew the ends. Turn and press.
20. Stitch in the ditch.
21. Sew a button hole to the overlap of the waistband or sew in a hook-and-eye.
Hem the trousers:
22. Finish the raw edges of each leg.
23. Fold and hem a 7 cm hem. Make a chatch stitch to finish hem.