You Will Need:
Fabric width 110 cm
XS-XL 3.5 m
Fabric width 140 cm
XS-M 2.5 m
L-XL 3,25 m
Lining 1.25 m
Interfacing 1 m
Bias binding 3 m see here how to make your own
No. 4 London - Version 3
Medium to heavy weight woven fabric. Wool, Linen or heavy silk. The final look of the garment will depend on the type of fabric you choose. Not suitable for jersey.
Find Your Size:
Take your measurement according to the measurement chart. Choose the size closest to your measurement see measurement chart here
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
NB! All Pattern Parts Are Incl. 1 CM (3/8 INCH) Seam Allowance, Unless Anything Else Is Noted.
1. Cut out all the pieces.
2. Press interfacing on the pocket flaps and on two of the front pieces.
3. Finish all raw edges.
4. Sew and turn the pocket flaps.
5. Place the pocket flap between the notches and a pocket bag on top. Sew between the notches.
6. Cut notches where the stitching ends and starts.
7. Understitch the pocket bag
8. Place another pocket bag on top and sew the pocket bags together.
9. Overlock the pocket bag.
10. Sew the CF piece together with the side front piece, right sides together
11. Sew the CB piece together with the side back piece, right sides together, press seam open.
12. Sew front and back sleeve together in the long seam and inner seam, right sides together, press seam open. for smart hemming see tips and tricks
13. Do the same on sleeve lining, cut 1 cm of the bottom edge.
14. Sew the facing on to the front piece from notch to bottom, right sides together. Turn, press and cut a small notch at CF so the seam allowance in neck can be turned out.
15. Sew the side seam together, right sides together, press seam open.
16. Sew the shoulder seam together, right sides together. Press seam open.
17. Sew together fabric and lining in the bottom of the sleeves, right sides together. Turn lining in to the fabric sleeve.
18. Fold up the fabric sleeve 4 cm and press.
19. Sew sleeve into the armhole, all layers together. NB! There is a front and a back sleeve.
20. Finish the seam of the armhole all layers together.
NB! Now You Have A Jacket And Are Ready To Sew The Collar.
21. Sew the two collar pieces together, right sides together, Stop at the first notch. Turn and press.
22. Place the lower part of the collar in the neckline, right sides together. The notches have to fit at shoulder seam and CF. Facing has to be sewn into the seam allowance.
23. Press the seam allowance inside the collar
24. Press the seam allowance of the upper collar, inside the collar and sew.