You Will Need:
Fabric 110 cm wide
Size 34-48 1.8 m
Fabric 140 cm wide
Size 34-48 1.4 m
1 zipper 15-20 cm long.
20 cm interfacing
No. 8 Svaneke - Blouse with peplum
The blouse is made in jacquard, bought at fabric minds. I did not like the right side of the fabric, so I used the wrong side.
For this version, I have used version 2 and made the waist pleats from version 1
On each pattern piece you will find a capital letter. On the cutting layout plan, you will find the same capital letters so that you can easily see which pattern pieces to use for the view you have chosen.
Make Pattern Piece X (Peplum)
The measurement of the peplum is the finished waist measurement x 2 you need the measurement from version 1.
The finished height is 15 cm.
I use 2 cm for hem
EXAMPLE FOR A SIZE EU 40:
High 15 cm + 1 cm for seam allowance + 2 cm for hem = 18 cm
Width 80 cm + 1 cm for seam allowance =81 this pattern piece needs to be cut on fold see cutting lay plan
Mark the square darts to your pattern and then to your fabric when cutting
Fold the darts right sides together, and sew to the markings.
Follow the sewing instruction for version 2, do not hem the blouse
Sew The Peplum:
14. Overlock the two short sides and one of the longe sides on both pieces.
15. Sew the peplum together in the side seams (short sides) right sides together. press seam open
16. Gather the peplum so it fits to the bodice. Make the side seams fit on to each other.
17. Sew the peplum to the bodice, right sides together.
18. Finish the waist seam allowance by overlocking or with bias tape
19. hem the peplum with either a narrow hem (great for shirt fabric and cotton) or a invisible hem like on the one i did